Our work at Siphila Sonke would not be possible without your generous support. There are a number of ways in which you can assist Siphila Sonke and make a difference to people in the Grabouw informal settlement. You can:
- Donate – Monetary
- Donate – Non-Monetary
- Assist in Fundraising
- Attend an Event
Please contact Tina Johnson, Siphila Sonke’s Manager, on + 27 (0)21 8591496 or email@example.com to discuss how you would like to help us!
Donate – Monetary
Your monetary donation will be put to good use! Siphila Sonke is a Non-Profit Organisation (NPO No. 074536) and a Public Benefit Organisation (PBO No. 930043672). We are a small organisation and we keep our overheads to a minimum as many of our Volunteers help us with the administrative elements of running our organisation. This means we can spend more of our funding directly on our causes!
Should you wish that your donation be used towards a specific cause, please let us know. Some suggestions are:
- Monthly food parcels, which can be sponsored for R200 a month
- Kids Club
- Support Group
If you would like to make a donation electronically, our bank details are as follows:
Account Name: Siphila Sonke Outreach Programme
Bank: First National Bank (FNB)
Branch no: 200312
Account no: 62225640673
Account Type: Current
Donate – Non-Monetary
Siphila Sonke also welcomes any and all non-monetary donations! Whatever you decide to donate to Siphila Sonke, it will be greatly appreciated.
- Food: We would be most grateful if you would like to provide a pot of homemade soup, any fresh produce or any other non-perishable food to be included in the monthly food parcels, or for use by the Kids Club or Support Groups members.
- Blankets and Clothing: Never underestimate the warmth a blanket can bring – physically and emotionally! Please feel free to donate a blanket at any time of the year, but especially over winter! Second hand clothing can also bring the new owner much comfort and joy. Next time you do some spring-cleaning, remember us!
- Books, Board Games, Toys and Stationery: We are always happy to receive additional resources for our Kids Club! If your children have outgrown books, board games and toys, we will be happy to take these over!
- Odds and Ends for Art and Craft Classes and Support Groups: Toilet rolls, egg boxes, magazines, ribbon, wool, buttons, cotton, scraps of material and the like would all be welcome donations for use in our Kids Club Art and Craft Classes, and for our Beading and Sewing Support Groups.
- Soap, Toothbrushes, Toothpaste and other Toiletries: Our children and beneficiaries regard these as luxuries, while we see them as basic everyday items. Toiletries are welcomed and distributed to children of the Kids Club as and to our beneficiaries as part of our monthly food parcels.
- Seedlings, Plants, Seeds and Compost: These items would be most appreciated in help keeping our Gardening Support Group going from season to season.
There are many ways in which you can Volunteer for Siphila Sonke. Whether it be assisting directly with our beneficiaries and/or children or helping with the administrative side of the organisation, your time, skills and resources will be of great value to us.
- Assisting directly with our beneficiaries and/or children: You could assist the Kids Club Co-ordinator with Monday’s Reading and Literacy class, Tuesday’s Art and Craft class or Thursday’s Maths and Numeracy class. You could also assist with the Beading or Sewing Support Groups, or the Gardening Support Group. Additionally you may wish to assist with visiting Beneficiaries and distribution of the monthly food parcels.
- Assisting behind the scenes: You may wish to help us with the administrative requirements of our organisation. Volunteering in this regard helps us keeps our overheads down which means we can spend more of our funding and donations directly on our causes!
Assist in Fundraising
Help us organise our fundraising events, sell tickets for an event or assist us in obtaining sponsored items for an event.
Attend an Event
When we hold a fundraising event we rely on you to attend! Please support us by buying tickets or attending our events! Please see our ‘Upcoming Events’ for further information.