The Siphila Sonke team comprises a Board of Directors, an Executive Team, Staff members and up to 40 Volunteers.
Board of Directors
- Bev Morgan – Chairlady
- Brenda Silberbauer – Vice Chair
- Stuart Maxwell – Treasurer
- Kim Brown
- Dudley Adolph
- Bev Morgan
- Brenda Silberbauer
- Stuart Maxwell
- Ann Bradford
- Linda Boyd
- Louise Moss
- Tina Johnson has recently joined our team in the position of Programme Co-ordinator, on a part-time basis. She is responsible for the overall management and co-ordination of Siphila Sonke’s activities.
- Linda Braun is our full-time Fieldworker. The majority of her time is spent working in the community – identifying and assessing new Food Parcel Beneficiaries, visiting and helping current Beneficiaries (which could be anything from encouragement, to summoning an ambulance). Linda also assists with the monthly food parcel deliveries. She actively networks with other community organisations and is secretary of our quarterly General Community Meeting. Linda is a qualified and experienced Home Based Carer and has been with Siphila Sonke since 2008.
- Unathi Ngonyama is our part-time Fieldworker and is responsible for our isiXhosa speaking Food Parcel Beneficiaries. Like Linda, she does Beneficiary interviews and assessments, home visits, record keeping, referral to other organisations and general assistance such as help with applying for documentation such as ID books and birth certificates. Additionally, Unathi helps with our food parcel deliveries at the end of each month. Unathi is a qualified and experienced Home Based Carer and joined Siphila Sonke in June 2014.
- Felistus Madondo is our full-time Kids Club and Support Group Co-ordinator. She manages the children’s activities each afternoon and during the school holidays, as well as regularly visit the childrens’ homes and schools to feedback to parents and check in with teachers regarding the childrens’ progress. Additionally, she co-ordinates the beneficiaries’ Beading & Crafting as well as the Sewing Support Groups, which take place on a Tuesday and Thursday mornings respectively, plus the Gardening Support Group which takes place daily each morning. Felistus also assists with sorting second hand clothing and maintaining our storerooms. Felistus is a qualified Teacher and Home Based Carer and joined Siphila Sonke in 2010.
- Issabel Du Plessis is our General Assistant and helps with all our core activities, as well as keeping the Church hall clean and ready for all activities to take place. Issabel is an employee of Community Works Programme (CWP), assigned to Siphila Sonke since 2013.
Siphila Sonke is fortunate to enjoy the support of up to 40 Volunteers from the community in the village of Grabouw and farming community of the Elgin Valley. Our Volunteers assist Siphila Sonke in many ways – from helping with the administrative elements of our organization, to assisting with our day-to-day core activities (Food Parcels, Home Visits, Support Group and Kids Club), to fundraising – the foundation of any charity! For more detail, see the section “Supporters – Volunteers”